August 2, 2020
Today’s Reading: Acts 5:12-32
But Peter and the apostles replied, “We must obey God rather than men.
Come to our Sunday Outdoor Worship Service OR Listen to Rev. Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla. Reflect on the Text Notes and Life Notes below.
NOTE: We will not have Monday Life Group meetings for the month of August. We will relaunch in September. Stay tuned for details!
Sermon Main Idea: The Church obeys God no matter what.
- Obedience to God is powerful (v.12-20)
- It unites believers (v.12-14)
- It displays God’s power (v.15-16)
- It performs God’s purposes (v.17-26)
- Obedience to God prompts opposition (v.17-18, 27-28)
- It threatens man-made religion (v.17)
- It reminds people of their sin (v.28)
- Obedience to God puts God first (v.29-32)
- It prioritizes God’s Word above man’s word. (v.29)
- It proclaims the Gospel of Jesus (v.30-32)
- It pays to obey God.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the opportunities You give me to be obedient to You in the the choices that I make, great and small. Thank You for always providing a way for me as I surrender to You. Please keep me vigilant in my efforts to do Your Will above all else, so that You would be glorified in my life. In Jesus’ Name, AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com): Acts 2:14-47; Deuteronomy 15-16; Job 11