October 4, 2020
Today’s Reading: Acts 8:1-8
Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went.
Come to our Sunday Worship Service OR Listen to Rev. Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla.
Reflect on the Text Notes and Life Notes below in our Life Group Zoom, Mondays at 7:30PM.
Sermon Main Idea: God uses persecution to accomplish the purpose of the Church. What are some ways you have seen God use persecution to accomplish the purposes of the Church?
- The Church is persecuted (v.1-3)
- The believers are hunted and scattered
- The persecutors show no mercy
- The persecutors show no mercy (v.4-6)
- The Church scatters, the Gospel spreads
- Philip proclaims Christ to the Samaritans
- The Lost are reached (v.7-8)
- The power of the Gospel is heard and seen
- The sorrow of persecution leads to the joy of salvation
Life Note: Embrace persecution when proclaiming Christ to realize God’s purpose for your life.
- Why is it important to have a spirit of humility when proclaiming the Gospel even if we are going to be persecuted?
- How would you encourage a brother or sister who is being persecuted for their faith? What Scriptures could you use?
- What type of persecution is typical for believers to experience in your age group, social circle, work place, or community?
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I thank You that You are Sovereign over all circumstances. I praise You that You weave all things together for the good of those who love You and are called according to Your purposes. Please help me to persevere in faith for Your glory, even when doing so might be difficult. In Jesus’ Name I pray, AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com): Mark 1:1-20; 2 Samuel 2:1-3:1; Daniel 1