November 15, 2020
Today’s Reading: Acts 9:32-43
He gave her his hand and helped her stand up. Then he called the saints and widows and presented her alive. This became known throughout all Joppa, and many believed in the Lord.
Come to our Sunday Worship Service OR Listen to Rev. Moegagogo Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla.
Reflect on the Notes below in our Life Group Zoom, Mondays at 7:30PM.
Sermon Main Idea: Every believer is called to personal ministry for Christ.
Text Notes: Features of Peter’s Personal Ministry
- Peter’s ministry is active. (v. 32-33, 38-39)
- Through Peter’s activity, God provides opportunity.
- Peter’s ministry relies on Jesus. (v. 34-35, 40-41)
- The faithfulness of Jesus powers the ministry of Peter.
- Peter’s ministry points people to Jesus. (v. 26-30, 42)
- Peter’s focus on Jesus points others to Jesus.
Life Note: Actively rely on Christ in your ministry for Christ.
- What are some obstacles that keep us from being active in ministry?
- What personal ministry has God called you to, and how are you active in it for Christ?
- In your personal ministry, what does it look like to rely on Jesus?
- What are some ways we can see our work life, personal life, or social life as part of our personal ministry for Christ?
Prayer: Almighty God, Your Word reminds me that You alone are the One Who brings growth to Your Ministry. You are the Center and Head of Your Church. Thank You for the ways in which You work through even me. Thank You for allowing me to be used for Your Glory. Help me Lord in Ministry, for even acting in simple faith requires Your Grace and Your Spirit. I need You, my God and King, to do Your Holy Work. In Jesus’ Precious Name I pray, AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com): 1 Corinthians 11:17-34; 2 Kings 5; Obadiah 1