December 27, 2020
Today’s Reading: Acts 12:20-25
But the word of God continued to spread and flourish.
Come to our Sunday Worship Service OR Listen to Rev. Moegagogo Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla.
Reflect on the Notes below in our Life Group Zoom, Mondays at 7:30PM.
Sermon Main Idea: The last word belongs to God.
- Herod’s words cease. (v.20-23)
- Herod elevates himself to elevate his word.
- The people venerate and deify Herod.
- An angel of God strikes Herod mortally.
- God’s Word continues. (v. 24-25)
- While Herod’s word ends, God’s Word abounds.
- Saul and Barnabas return to Antioch with John-Mark.
Life Note: Trust God’s word over everything else.
- Whose words are most valued in society today?
- How does valuing God’s Word often clash with the words of those whom society deems authoritative?
- How can we build trust in God’s Word?
- How does the knowledge that “God has the last word” impact your life?
Prayer: Almighty Lord, You are Powerful. You are Unstoppable, capable of anything. I thank You for the miraculous ways You work. As You continue to allow me to participate in what You do, please help me to trust in You completely. Help me to move confidently in Your Victorious and Sovereign Reign. In Jesus’ Precious Name I pray, AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com):John 11:28-57; 2 Chronicles 12-13; Psalm 76