January 17, 2020
Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 4:9-14
Only be on your guard and diligently watch yourselves, so that you don’t forget the things your eyes have seen and so that they don’t slip from your mind as long as you live.
Come to our Sunday Worship Service OR Listen to Rev. Moegagogo Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla.
Reflect on the Notes below in our Life Group Zoom, Mondays at 7:30PM.
Sermon Main Idea: Remember God’s glory and grace.
Text Notes: Moses’ challenge to Israel (v.9-14)
- Treasure your memories of God. (v.9a)
- הִשָּׁמֶר hi-shamer – guard, watch.
- וּשְׁמֹר w-shemor – keep, retain.
- Teach your children about God. (v.9b)
- Emphasized the importance of God in personal and public life.
- Remembrance became a tangible practice.
- Recall God’s glory at Sinai/Horeb. (v. 10-12)
- God descended in fire and dark cloud.
- God spoke to Israel; Israel heard His voice.
- Recall God’s grace through His Covenant. (v13-14)
- God initiated His covenant with Israel through the Ten Commandments.
- God gives His Law for His people to live in the Promised Land.
Life Note: Make remembering God a lifestyle.
- What are some things that make us forget about God?
- How does treasuring and teaching fight against our forgetfulness?
- What are some ways you can make remembering God a lifestyle?
Prayer: Almighty God, I am filled with joy and thanks when I recall the wonderful things that You have done and the ways You have revealed Your Glory. Thank You for the blessing of walking with You. Thank You for the gift You give to me of living in faith in You. As I seek to remember You each day, please keep at the forefront of my mind the Love that You’ve shown through Your Son Jesus and the Grace that You give so freely. In Jesus’ Precious Name I pray, AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com): 1 John 5; Ezra 3-4; Psalm 92