February 7, 2020
Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 4:32-40
Today, recognize and keep in mind that the Lord is God in heaven above and on earth below; there is no other.
Come to our Sunday Worship Service OR Listen to Rev. Moegagogo Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla.
Reflect on the Notes below in our Life Group Zoom, Mondays at 7:30PM.
Sermon Main Idea: The miracles of God invite His people to trust Him and obey.
- God revealed Himself to Israel in matchless majesty. (v.32-35)
- Israel encountered God and lived.
- God saved Israel from Egypt with awesome works.
- These works reveal God as supreme over other “gods”.
- God revealed Himself to Israel in love and in grace. (v.36-38)
- God sought Israel’s good by His Word and presence.
- God loved Israel and chose Israel to be His own.
- God gave Israel victories they could not win on their own.
- God invites Israel into covenant with Him. (v.39-40)
- God is supreme in Heaven above and earth below.
- Israel is urged to keep God’s commands for their good.
Life Note: The miracle of the Cross invites us to trust and obey the true and living God, Jesus Christ.
- Was the miracle of the Exodus enough evidence for Israel to trust and obey God?
- Is the miracle of the Cross enough evidence for us to trust and obey God?
- What are some obstacles that prevent us from trusting and obeying God? And how does God overcome those obstacles?
Prayer: Loving God, Your Wonders and Signs prove Your Glory and Your Grace upon us. Thank You for showing us that You are Powerful, and for inviting us to be in close relationship with You. You give abundant evidence to prove that we can trust You in all situations. Please help me to trust in You even more than I have before. Praise You Lord. AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com): Revelation 18; Isaiah 3-4; Psalm 109:1-19