February 14, 2020
Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 5:1-11
Moses summoned all Israel and said to them, “Israel, listen to the statutes and ordinances I am proclaiming as you hear them today. Learn and follow them carefully.”
Come to our Sunday Worship Service OR Listen to Rev. Moegagogo Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla.
Reflect on the Notes below in our Life Group Zoom, Mondays at 7:30PM.
Sermon Main Idea: Covenant with God requires commitment to God.
- God spoke His covenant in ways Israel could understand. (v.1-5)
- God spoke His covenant to Israel directly.
- God spoke His covenant with Israel through Moses.
- God redeemed Israel from Egypt. (v.6)
- God identifies Himself as the One who saved Israel.
- This is the good news of salvation that precedes the Law.
- God rightfully deserves exclusive allegiance. (v.7-10)
- God is to be the only focus of Israel’s worship.
- God’s wrath is short-lived, but His love is long-term.
- God rightfully deserves reverent representation. (v.11)
- Israel must bear God’s name righteously and reverently.
Life Note: God is worthy of your worship and deserving of your devotion.
Prayer: Loving God, You deserve all worship that we can give. You deserve all of our devotion, for You saved us from our sin and have brought us into covenant relationship with You. You have shown Your Faithfulness and Compassion to us, even when we have strayed from you. Thank You for Your Love which has brought me near to You. Thank You for Your Salvation. I pray, Lord, that You would grow my relationship with You. Help me to represent Your Name with honor, and to do Your Will when You call. I pray these things in the Name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com): 1 Thessalonians 4; Isaiah 20-22; Psalm 115