February 21, 2020
Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 5:12-22
Remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out of there with a strong hand and an outstretched arm.
Come to our Sunday Worship Service OR Listen to Rev. Moegagogo Solomona’s sermon from today’s 10AM Sunday Worship Livestream on our Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/ccmla.
Reflect on the Notes below in our Life Group Zoom, Mondays at 7:30PM.
Sermon Main Idea: Living in covenant with God includes living in community with God’s people.
- Covenant community honors Sabbath for all. (v.12-15)
- The Sabbath set Israel apart for God.
- The Sabbath extends rest to the entire household.
- The Sabbath is set in Israel’s Exodus experience.
- Covenant community promotes respect for parents. (v.16)
- A generation that honors parents establishes a foundation of respect for future generations.
- Covenant community values life and fidelity. (v.17-18)
- Life is sacred because God is the giver of life.
- Marriage is sacred because God ordains marriage.
- Covenant community upholds honesty, trust, and security. (v.19-21)
- Israel’s communion with God meant a commitment to the well-being of the community.
- God’s Word is sufficient for covenant living. (v.22)
- God revealed Himself in a visual, audible, and written way.
- This provided Israel with all they needed for covenant life with God and with God’s people.
Life Note: Love God and love His people.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for the covenant relationship that You allow me to share with You. Thank You for the community of people that You provide under Your care. Through Your Family, You graciously show me how to love others, and You also show me how much You love me. Please teach me how to love others in the way that You love me. Please keep me mindful each day of Your faithful love, that I would reflect that it in the way I treat others. I pray all of these things in Jesus’ Name, AMEN.
Thru the Bible in a year (credit: Biblestudytools.com): 1 Timothy 2; Isaiah 34-35; Psalm 119:65-96